Monday, May 2, 2016

Oklahoma University President David Boren's Wisdom Tip

During my interview with President David Boren, here is the wisdom tip he left with me.
I must say, I was very impressed with this man and the way he conducts his life.

 

Service To Others

Service to others gives purpose to your life because what matters the most is what you give, not what you receive.  Ironically, in giving of yourself, you really find the purpose for your life.  The most insecure people are the ones who seem to be focused intently on themselves.  On the other hand, the ones who find a cause more important than themselves to invest in find that the ultimate happens.

 

Here's my take on President Boren's Wisdom Tip.

 

I had no idea when I was asked to write the newsletter for a well-known university that I would some day write several books.  At the time, I didn't even know I was a writer, but they saw something in me that I didn't see in myself.  However, my willingness to help highlight  people in their intended goals as graduate students, eventually led me to the realization that others enjoyed what I had to say.   So you never know how one simple act of obedience will open doors that you never intended to walk through.

No comments:

Post a Comment